ESPA Director joins panel for Geneva Environment Network event
ESPA Director Professor Paul van Gardingen is to take part in a panel discussion at the Geneva Environment Network’s roundtable discussion “Growth in What? Prosperity for People Through Ecosystem Health and Inclusive Wealth.”
The event takes place in Geneva on 23rd February at 1pm.
Professor van Gardingen joins a panel that also includes:
- Barry Gardiner MP, the UK’s Shadow Minister for Energy and Climate Change;
- Kookie Habtegaber, Global Lead for Green Economy, WWF International
- Pavan Sukhdev, UNEP Goodwill Ambassador
- Pushpam Kumar, Chief, UNEP Ecosystem Services Economics Unit
- Michel Tschirren, Swiss Federal Office for the Environment
The panel will discuss:
- How to make metrics of development more reflective of the changes in ecosystems?
- Does change in ecosystem services lead to impacts on human health and wellbeing?
- Does ecosystem or site specific studies corroborate with generic nature of relationship?
- Do macro findings mask the micro findings?
- How to create political buying in for new paradigm