OrganisationUniversity of Westminster
DepartmentSchool of Law
Publication in Relevant Areas1. â€˜Interstate Conflicts Over Krishna Waters: Law, Science and Imperialism', (New Delhi: Orient Longmans Pvt. Ltd. 2006). (560 pages, 24 maps, 43 tables, 3 fig, bibliography, index) (sole author) [ISBN 81 250 2010 9]
2. â€˜Law and â€˜Development' Discourses About Water: Understanding Agency in Regime Changes' in P. Cullet, A. Gowlland-Gualtieri, R. Madhav & U. Ramanathan (eds) Water Governance in Motion: Towards Socially And Environmentally Sustainable Water Laws:(New Delhi, Cambridge University Press), 2010 Ch. 17 pp.491-522 (book chapter, sole author) [ISBN: 9788175966345].
3. â€œNation vs Peoples: Inter-state Water Disputes in India's Supreme Courtâ€ in Iyer, Ramaswamy R., (ed.), Water and the Laws in India (New Delhi: Sage)(book chapter, sole author) 2009, at ch. 4 p.58-93 [ISBN 9788178298504].
4. â€˜Liberal Theory, Human Rights and Water-Justice: Back to Square One?' Law, Social Justice & Global Development Journal (LDG) 2008:1 p.1-15.[ ISSN: 1467-0437] (refereed Journal article, sole author) http://www.go.warwick.ac.uk/elj/lgd/2008_1/desouza
5. â€˜Water Resources Development and Water Conflicts in Two Indian Ocean States' in Timothy Doyle and Melissa Riseley (Eds.) Crucible for Survival: Environmental Security and Justice in the Indian Ocean Region ( New Brunswick, New Jersey and London: Rutgers University Press), 2008 pp.157-170 [ ISBN: 978-0813543147].
6. â€˜The Democracy-Development Tension In Dam Projects: The Long Hand Of The Law, Political Geography Vol. 23:6, 2004 p. 701-730.
Countries of Research InterestIndia, South Asia.
Profile: Legal academic - Social justice activist -Barrister and counsel - writer and critic.
Research publications on water and on Law and Development.
Research consultancies for ICHRDD, HIVOS, University of Oslo.
ACU Fellowship for research on Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
Convenor, Law and Development Working Group IIPPE.
Statement of Interest in the CallESPS 2012 Call for grant applications for in situ research study on tanks systems as comprehensive ecosystems with potential for poverty alleviation. Research location in Tamil Nadu.